We are ready to help.
We of all people understand the importance of therapies and support; at all times, however especially at present whilst routines have been interrupted.
We have a team of highly experienced clinicians, ready to help! Our clinical team of Behaviour Specialists and Occupational Therapists can deliver clinical supports and therapies over laptop, tablet or phone.
What are some of the areas we can assist with?
- Household routines
- Behaviour Support
- Wandering Prevention
- Self-care skills (toileting, dressing, feeding, showering)
- Creating a sensory diet at home
- Parent coping
- Assessments (depending on assessment type)
How it works.
We have developed a straightforward system to ensure you receive the supports you need, as quickly and easily as possible.
- At the time scheduling your appointment, you will be sent a calendar invite which contains a Google Hangouts link. You will also be sent your session invoice.
- When it is your appointment time, simply click on the click to be taken to Google Hangouts. You can do this on your phone, tablet or laptop.
- Throughout the session you will be able to hear, see, and speak with the therapist as usual. You can also request for the session to be recorded if you would like to reference it again later.
- Most sessions last 60mins, with 45mins being via teleconference and 15mins being follow-up by the Clinician, whereby they will also email you a summary of your session and follow-up points. Some sessions, especially follow-up sessions, will be shorter in duration.
If you require assistance getting set up, please contact your clinician and they will be happy to help and set up a “test run”.
Autism Swim’s teletherapy provides online services to:
- Families who are in a remote or rural location
- Families who are no longer engaging in regular face-to-face therapy sessions
- Families who are on an extensive waitlist with another provider
- Families who desire increased privacy
- Families currently engaging in social isolation and distancing
By delivering our services via teleconferene, we’re able to provide an accessible, online solution for receiving paediatric autism supports and therapies.
Meet and select your clinicans
What you can expect from a session with Erika:
Senior Behaviour Specialist
GC Autism. BA Behavioural
Behavioural Science Specialties:
- Positive Behaviour Support
- Behaviours of Concern
- Functional Analysis
- Behaviour Support Plans
- Program development and implementation
- Parent and supports training
- Virtual University Lecturing
- Virtual support team training
10:00am - 2:30pm
Monday to Friday.
Weekend by appointment
Bachelor of Health Science/Masters of Occupational
What you can expect from a session with Sam:
What you can expect from a session with Jessica:
Bachelor of Health Science/Master of Occupational Therapy
Triple P Parenting Provider
DIR Floortime Practitioner
WeeFIM Approved Assessor
- Wandering Prevention
- Establishing Routines
- Adaptive equipment recommendations to promote independence
- Functional Assessments and Goal Setting
- Parent supports
- School readiness
- Play Skills
- Fears and Phobias
- Gross Motor Skills
- Fine Motor Skills
- Executive Functioning (e.g. attention, memory, task initiation).
8:00am - 2:00pm
Monday to Friday
7:00am - 9:00am
5:00pm - 8:00pm
Outside standard work hours