I am the owner of Sensory Swim , working within the industry for over 20 years. In addition to being certified with Austswim Australia, from infants to adult / squad levels, I am also accredited in Level 3 Autism Swim.
Offering classes in homes for all levels and abilities from infant classes through to adults, I instruct home-schooling groups both in homes and public pools, stroke correction and annually teaches mainstream school groups of up to 10 at a time.
With an interest in all abilities, and a mindset of functional core values of respect and structure within her classes, a play-based learning approach is applied to lesson planning. My passion around water safety, water confidence and gifting to others the skill of learning to swim enables this outcome. Feedback from clients is my strength of being able to build quick rapport with parents and her ability to build trust with my clients, especially children.
• Current Working with Children Licensed
• CPR and Level 2 first aid accredited
• Austswim Infants and General licensed
• Austswim Teacher Assessor License (for new teachers to complete hours & gain certification)
• Autism Swim Level 2 Licensed
• Fully Insured.
Sensory Swim is a registered business with ASIC, offering a mobile swimming lesson service, held in your private pool.
– “Cindy has taught my 2-year-old girl for 4 months now and has a wonderful relationship with both us and our child. Our daughter gets excited about swimming with Miss Cindy and looks forward to her weekly lesson ” – Ross G, Mt Coolum
– “I’ve worked alongside Cindy in the public pool for 12 months now, she is reputable in the industry and has a ‘knack’ for building quick relationships with the kids and other teachers. Her knowledge is exceptional ” – David- Swim Teacher for 30+ years
– “My son has been having lessons with cindy for 3 months now, his ability to swim has come full circle after not much success in formal class lessons with his ADHD. I am now confident he can save himself and has a good awareness of being safe around water!” – M Anderson
– “Cindy attends our house once a week for an hour for our 2 boys 7 and 9, both on the autism spectrum. I love seeing the joy on their faces when she arrives and hearing the laughter while learning to swim” – M Kapsis
– “ I have recently engaged cindy after we relocated from interstate to have lessons in our pool, with a 12 month old baby and a 3 year old it was challenging to attend morning lessons, we love her coming to our house and the happiness my daughter has weekly, thankyou cindy” – R Bickmore