Autism Swim is a multi-disciplinary organisation, and we thrive on keeping our team as diverse as possible.
We have four positions that are currently open. Please note that all positions are unpaid:
1. Advisory Board Positions
We want our community to be the strongest and best one possible!
The shared expertise of our Advisory Board will strengthen the great work we are already doing, and ensure we change the statistics as quickly and effectively as possible.
Whilst we don’t have any stipulations in terms of your background (we want it be a vast array of skills), we do ask that facilitating change is your underlying passion. Being able to commit to a minimum of 6 hours a month to your board position is also necessary; this would ideally involve attendance to a board meeting every 8 weeks (whether in person or via dial-in) and then operationalisation of the follow-up tasks.
Due to our social enterprise status, all positions are unpaid.
2. Student team positions
Are you a student looking for experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team? Would you like to receive mentoring and support from our team of clinicians? Come join the team!
Whilst our student team are not paid, the amount of training, professional development and mentoring you receive is invaluable. Most of the student team works on resource development, which includes research and undertaking training, and then formulating the relevant resources; which are then sent through to their supervision for comment. There are also hands-on experiences available when we hold programs throughout the year (such as modified nippers).
We ask that our students commit to a minimum of one hour a week.
If you’re interested in joining our student team, please email your CV through to Erika@autismswim.com.au with a cover letter, outlining why you would like to join our cohort.
3. Business Administration Intern
We are looking for a Business Administration Intern to join our team.
The main tasks will include:
- Replying to email enquiries and assisting our customers to find the right solution to their needs
- Using our project management tool to upload documents and liaise with our customers
- Proof reading documents
- Researching and applying for grants
- Coordination of events and staff
- Executive assistance to our Founder/Clinical Director
We require a minimum of 5 hours a week.
- Previous experience in an administration position
- An eye for detail
- Technology proficient
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisation skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently
Those with a disability are encouraged to apply.
We don’t want someone who is just looking for a job. We want someone to join our community, and someone who is passionate about helping those with a disability reach their full potential.
Please email CV to Erika@autismswim.com.au, with a cover letter explaining why you’d like this position.
4. Marketing Intern
Our ever-expanding social enterprise is searching for a wonderful new Marketing Intern to join the team for 12 months. The successful candidate will predominately work remotely, however there will be ample support, and the role provides varied and valuable work experience within the start-up space. The successful candidate will be ambitious, creative and passionate, with an underlying desire to make a difference to people’s lives (especially those with a disability).
Location is flexible, however Sydney-based in preferred.
Some of the tasks include:
- Sourcing/creating content for all of our company social media accounts, including organizing cross-platform content strategies
- Develop new social media campaigns from the ground up (based on customer analysis)
- Monitor social channels for trending news, ideas and memes, then capitalize on those trends through our social media accounts
- Perform research into our clients’ industries and provide actionable tips and advice for expanding their reach in the digital space
- Assist with capturing and analysing social media metrics
- Assistance with creation of monthly newsletter
- Enrolment in a relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with social media strategies, platforms and analytics (including Facebook ads)
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
Please email CV with supporting cover letter to Erika@autismswim.com.au
Applications close 14th April 2018.
Any current paid vacancies will be displayed on this page when they become available, and will also be advertised in our monthly newsletter.