Autism Swim is a multi-disciplinary organisation, and we thrive on keeping our team as diverse as possible. Those with other abilities are always strongly encouraged to apply for all positions.
Position vacant: Graphic Designer Contractor
Minimum commitment: 12 months
Applications close: 29.05.2020
Role type: Contractor (must have your own ABN)
Commitment: 4 hours a week. Ideally the candidate will be able to increase their hours as the organisation continues to grow. The tasks are ad hoc, and there is some slight flexibility with the 4 hours.
Autism Swim is looking for a casual sole trader, Graphic Designer to join our growing team. This role would suit someone with a vast array of skills, who needs flexibility. Those with other abilities are always encouraged to apply.
- Create infographics and illustrations
- Updating the WordPress website
- Create editable PDFs and documents
- Maintain the optimal condition of logos, typography and layouts
- Shape the visual aspects of documents, social media content, website, marketing material etc
- Produce Powerpoint documents for delivering online learning modules
- Provide creative support and advice to the Autism Swim team
- Prepare artwork for production and ensure consistent quality control and proofing of all output
- Liaise with all team members, and meet relevant deadlines for tasks
- A strong values base and a passion for inclusion
- The holder of either a Diploma of Graphic Design or a Bachelor of Design (Graphic Design) (or equivalent)
- Experience in managing your own workflow and our project management software (Basecamp)
- Strong design experience and creativity
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign)
- Highly proficiency in WordPress and Beaver Builder (coding skills preferred, but not essential)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Word)
- Design experience across various mediums (print, website, social media, online etc)
- Strong ability to translate information and requirements into design
- Excellent eye for detail and adept at problem solving
- Own ABN, insurances and necessary equipment to undertake the tasks
Not essential but highly regarded:
- Experience with Hubspot or similar Customer Relationship Manager platforms
- Marketing and social media experience
- Flexible working hours
- The opportunity for growth within our expanding company
- Working with high energy purpose-driven colleagues striving for greatness
- Working for a for-purpose organisation
If this opportunity sounds too good to pass up, send your CV, portfolio and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Graphic Designer Application.
Your cover letter should articulate your motivation for applying for this role and address the requirements of the role, as stipulated above.
Skilled volunteering is always warmly welcomed.
Please note that non-skilled volunteering requests can be difficult to facilitate due to the fact that there are certain prerequisites required in getting in the water with Autism Swim participants, and that extra people can cause over-stimulation and anxiety.
Any current paid vacancies will be displayed on this page when they become available, and will also be advertised in our monthly newsletter.