Autism Swim is a multi-disciplinary organisation, and we thrive on keeping our team as diverse as possible. Those with other abilities are always strongly encouraged to apply for all positions.
Any current paid vacancies will be displayed on this page when they become available, and will also be advertised in our monthly newsletter.
Position vacant: Aquatic Occupational Therapist
Commencement: May, 2021
Applications close: May 25th, 2021
Role type: Contractor
Commitment: Approximately 2-10 hours weekly initially. Ideally the candidate will be able to increase their hours as the organisation continues to grow.
Autism Swim is looking for a casual Aquatic Occupational Therapist to join our growing team. This role would suit someone who has experienced and passionate about the inclusion industry, who has exceptional communication skills, and someone who needs flexibility. Those with other abilities are always encouraged to apply.
- Develop and run educational webinars on a range of relevant topics
- Assist in the development of educational content for our providers
- Provide clinical support to our current providers
- Assist with the ongoing development of new Autism Swim projects
- Stay abreast on all current and emerging research relating to the inclusion industry, and ensure Autism Swim’s practices are reflective of these
*More information will be explained about the position during the interview process.
- An Occupational Therapy degree
- A strong values base and a passion for inclusion
- At least 2+ years experience in the aquatic OT world for those with other abilities
- Ability to be flexible with hours, which may include evening and weekend work (to run a webinar for example)
- Experience in providing clinical support to others
- Knowledge on the NDIA
- Outgoing personality, with a ‘yes’ attitude to new opportunities
- Desire to be part of an expanding and innovation team
- Must have own ABN, laptop and stable internet connection
Not essential but highly regarded:
- Experience in running workshops – either online or in person
- Public speaking experience
- Experience in writing blogs
- Flexible working conditions
- The opportunity for growth within our expanding company
- Working with high energy purpose-driven colleagues, striving for greatness
Please send your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivations for applying for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skilled volunteering is always warmly welcomed.
Please note that non-skilled volunteering requests can be difficult to facilitate due to the fact that there are certain prerequisites required in getting in the water with Autism Swim participants, and that extra people can cause over-stimulation and anxiety.