Autism Swim is a multi-disciplinary organisation, and we thrive on keeping our team as diverse as possible. Those with a disability are always strongly encouraged to apply for all positions.
Currently, there is one paid role available within the organisation:
Title: Aquatic Occupational Therapist
- Job type: Casual
- Education: Bachelor Degree (Required)
- Location: Sydney (a lot of the work is undertaken remotely)
- Applications close: 4th December
Interviews held week commencing 9th December in Manly
We want to hear from you!
- Running our Dippers event over the summer (Sunday mornings), at one of our locations in Sydney.
This involves coordination, participant support, volunteer training etc
Our Dippers program is a modified nippers program for individuals with ASD and other abilities. This role will involve: coordinating dippers program (e.g. conduct individual risk assessment, implementation of behaviour and sensory supports); support individual participants and their families during attendance at our Dippers program; volunteer training, etc.
- Supporting our Autism Swim Approved providers around the world.
This includes consulting with aquatic professionals to support modification and implementation of learn to swim, water therapy and water education programs; resource development; educational videos, support teleconferences and supporting our Clinical Director. On average, this will be 4 hours a week.
- Running educational workshops and events, when needed.
We're a small team with a big mission, so your duties are likely to be diverse and the role will be fast-paced. The role offers flexible working conditions, a generous hourly rate and has the added inclusion of Autism Swim certification.
What is required:
- A bachelor's degree in occupational therapy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Great time management skills
- Experience working with those who have other abilities, in and around the water
- Ability to work independently
- Your own ABN
- WWCC and national police check
- Current First Aid Certificate
- A fun approach to everything! We don't take ourselves too seriously.
Skilled volunteering is always warmly welcomed.
Please note that non-skilled volunteering requests can be difficult to facilitate due to the fact that there are certain prerequisites required in getting in the water with Autism Swim participants, and that extra people can cause over-stimulation and anxiety.
Any current paid vacancies will be displayed on this page when they become available, and will also be advertised in our monthly newsletter.