Autism Swim is a multi-disciplinary organisation, and we thrive on keeping our team as diverse as possible. Those with a disability are always strongly encouraged to apply.
1. Casual Business Administration Manager
Applications close: 10th June, 2019
Autism Swim is looking for a casual, Sydney-based gun Administration Manager to join our growing team.
Ideally the candidate will be able to increase their hours as the organisation continues to grow.
This role would suit someone with a vast array of skills, who needs flexibility. Parents, as well as students studying clinical degrees, are encouraged to apply.
We are looking for a right-hand woman or man, who is ready to immerse themselves into our values and mission. The role is varied, interesting and fast-paced. We are a small team doing big things in the inclusion sector; if this sounds like something you want to be a part of, please ensure you meet the requirements below.
- A passion for inclusion
- Attention to detail
- Ability to show initiative and work autonomously (much of the work will be completed remotely)
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of Autism Swim’s operations
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant, executive assistant or similar role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Experience with the following platforms would be advantageous: Basecamp, Hubspot, GSuite, Mailchimp, Learning Management Systems, Woocommerce
- 12 hours per week
- One full day working at our Manly office, one hour a day on the other 4 days of the week, working remotely
- Casual position paid on an hourly rate
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Executive assistance to our Founder/Clinical Director
- Management of certain customer groups
- Replying to email enquiries and assisting our customers to find the right solution to their needs
- Use of CRM
- Liaising with our community on social media
- Assistance with event management
- Administration duties relating to our clinical team
- Miscellaneous tasks for Advisory Board Members
- Calendar management
- Assisting with compliance tasks
- Basic Learning Management System administration tasks
- Attendance at events, where possible
Must own a reliable computer/laptop with a fast internet connection. Must have your own ABN.
Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Business Administration Manager role.
Your cover letter should articulate your motivation for applying for this role and address the requirements of the role, as stipulated above.
We have two ongoing positions that are currently open. Please note that all of the following positions are unpaid:
2. Advisory Board Positions
We want our community to be the strongest and best one possible!
The shared expertise of our Advisory Board will strengthen the great work we are already doing, and ensure we change the statistics as quickly and effectively as possible.
Whilst we don’t have any stipulations in terms of your background (we want it be a vast array of skills), we do ask that facilitating change is your underlying passion. Being able to commit to a minimum of 6 hours a month to your board position is also necessary; this would ideally involve attendance to a board meeting every 8 weeks (whether in person or via dial-in) and then operationalisation of the follow-up tasks.
Due to our social enterprise status, all positions are unpaid.
3. Student team positions
Are you a student looking for experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team? Would you like to receive mentoring and support from our team of clinicians? Come join the team!
Whilst our student team are not paid, the amount of training, professional development and mentoring you receive is invaluable. Most of the student team works on resource development, which includes research and undertaking training, and then formulating the relevant resources; which are then sent through to their supervision for comment. There are also hands-on experiences available when we hold programs throughout the year (such as modified nippers).
We ask that our students commit to a minimum of one hour a week.
If you’re interested in joining our student team, please email your CV through to Erika@autismswim.com.au with a cover letter, outlining why you would like to join our cohort.
Any current paid vacancies will be displayed on this page when they become available, and will also be advertised in our monthly newsletter.