We are committed to meaningful equity and diversity at Autism Swim and strongly encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Role: Dippers Clinician
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Commencing: January, 2024
Location: Warriewood (NSW) and Coolangatta (QLD)
An exciting and rewarding opportunity exists for an experienced Allied Health Professional/Clinician to join our incredible organisation, to facilitate one of our hugely popular modified nippers programs (Dippers) on the beach this summer!
We are looking for 2 passionate and experienced OT/ Behaviour Therapists/Clinicians who are available Sunday mornings (for 2 hours), from the end of January, to assist in running our Dippers event at two locations (Warriewood NSW and Coolangatta QLD). The program runs for 8 consecutive weeks.
Coolangatta QLD – 21/01/2024 to 10/03/2024
Warriewood NSW – 28/01/2024 to 17/03/2024
These dates may be subject to change. Advanced notice will be given as much as is possible.
Responsibilities and duties
In this role, you will be responsible for planning and implementing skill-development focuses for participants, whilst supporting their clinical needs and employing positive behaviour support strategies if relevant. The participants are children and young adults who are neurodivergent or have specific learning needs. You will be supporting the participant’s volunteers (2:1) with any areas they may require support in, in ensuring the participants get the most out of the program.
Additionally, there are some event management tasks included in this role, including ensuring the volunteer register is updated each week (so participants are adequately supported); ensuring any additional areas of support are managed; and overseeing the volunteers at the beach each week (e.g. setting up/closing down the event each week).
The additional duties mean that you would be available up to four hours a week (2 hours for the event itself and 2 hours for follow-up tasks, if required).
Qualifications and skills/Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Working With Children Check
- National Police record check
- First Aid Certification
- Public Liability Insurance
- Experience with group programs/events
- Familiarity with Positive Behaviour Support strategies
- A passion for inclusion
How to Apply
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm 1st December, 2024.
(1) your CV;
(2) a cover letter (max 1 page) including your motivation for applying, outlining your experience in a similar sales-based role and at least 2 examples of how your skill-set matches the job description
Role: Business Development Manager
Contract (three months). Based on success the right candidate will have the opportunity to make this a permanent role
Part-time, 2 days a week
Salary: Pro rata $80k base salary with additional commissions based on targets
Reporting to: CEO
Commencing: October, 2023
Location: The role is remote (WFH) with local travel expected to carry out the sales duties. As a result, Sydney-based is the preference.
Autism Swim is a small charity with a HUGE mission to make aquatics inclusive, worldwide.
As a result, we are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Business Development Manager who can drive sustainable financial growth, forge strong relationships with (current or future) Autism Swim Approved providers and the community at large; and increase the focus and awareness on inclusion in the aquatics industry.
- Developing a growth strategy and implementation plan
- Developing a sales pipeline and achieving sales-based targets
- Managing and retaining relationships with existing clients
- Increasing customer/Autism Swim Approved Provider base
- Having an in-depth knowledge of Autism Swim’s products and value proposition
- Writing business proposals
- Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams
- Following industry trends locally and internationally
- Drafting and reviewing contracts
- Reporting on successes and areas needing improvement
- Most importantly, a passion for inclusion!
- Extensive sales experience in a similar role
- Experience in developing a sales pipeline and achieving sales-based targets
- High-level communication skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
- Conflict resolution
- Good understanding of budgets and financial targets
- The ability to self-motivate as well as work as a team
- Experience working to and exceeding targets
- Aquatics industry knowledge/experience is highly desirable but not essential
- Existing swim centre / aquatic contacts preferable
- Flexible working conditions
- The opportunity for growth within our expanding company
- Working with high energy purpose-driven colleagues striving for greatness
How to Apply
Please send the following documents to email@example.com by 5pm 24th November, 2023.
(1) your CV;
(2) a cover letter (max 1 page) including your motivation for applying, outlining your experience in a similar sales-based role and at least 3 examples of how your skill-set matches the job description
Skilled volunteering is always warmly welcomed.
Please get in touch with us if you think you have a skill set that could be useful to our team! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org